Monday, November 21, 2011

I Want to Thank You

I want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to go over to the CBS Sunday Morning Facebook page and put a vote in for me to get onto the show. If it wasn't for you, this opportunity never would have come my way and I appreciate it. I am super pleased with the way the piece turned out. Also, please share the video. The more viral it goes, the better. True, it was a bit sanitized for the viewing audience but deep down inside you know that I was dropping F-bombs and C-words all over the place. I was happy they let me say the part about keeping Junior out of the aisles, but what I really wanted to say was this: I hate your mother fucking kid and if it gets in my way I will not feel bad if I step on its finger. Since it was network television, I kept it sweet and simple with a tiny hint of snarky smile. The only disappointment I have regarding the segment was that they did not mention the name of my blog. It is on their website which is fine and dandy, but it would have been great if they could have said The Bitchy Waiter just one time. I understand though; family program. It's still pretty amazing that this came to fruition all because of a Facebook campaign. It's just like when Betty White got on to Saturday Night Live except she's an old lady on a comedy show and I'm an old lady on a news show. You say potato I say French fries.



CBS Sunday Morning has not put the video on their Facebook page yet so if you feel up to it, why don't you jump over there (click here for their page) and ask them to post the waiter commentary. I want them to know that people were interested in it so they might ask me to come back someday. I know that Andy Rooney's office is still vacant and I would be happy to move in. I would just Febreeze the hell out of it to get rid of that old man smell, hang my apron on the coat rack and make myself at home. (May Andy Rooney rest in peace...)

Finally, thank you again. So many people read this hastily written blog every day and you all put up with my incessant nagging and need for approval. You are the ones who make me want to keep writing and every time I get a comment, good or bad, at least I know that people are reading. Have a great day and thank you thank you thank you.

Love,
BW



Click here to follow The Bitchy Waiter on Twitter.
Click here to find The Bitchy Waiter on Facebook.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I Facebooked your CBS segment and your blog. I have a lot of friends who are ex kitchen bitches who can probably relate to your rants and raves (make that ex Army kitchen bitches). Hopefully they will give you a looksie :)

Anonymous said...

Thank me by buying me a gimlet and some nachos will ya?

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

LOVE THIS!!! I just shared it with all my fellow waitresses at the restaurant I work at.

xo
Kym

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my freakin' hell! I LOVED THIS!!!!! I will be sharing it over at my place.

Congrats on a job well done.

Anonymous said...

You’re still on my DVR so I can watch you again. And you’re going to be the subject of a post tomorrow on my blog (www.DiatribesAndOvations.com). I’m not stalking you … it just seems that way.

I read your blog religiously even though I’m not in the food service industry. I’m VERY active in the food EATING industry as I dine out far too often.

I was really hoping that Andy Rooney’s office was being saved for ME. Maybe we can share?

Levi said...

Loved your segment, and so true...some of those cheapskate patrons!
I shared with my son a waiter in Portland.

Corina said...

No, no, THANK YOU, BW, for highlight of my day! I get really bummed out, when you are busy, and don/t can't post every day.
Well said BW! ApplAUSE!!

Practical Parsimony said...

Oh, I loved that. Your onscreen persona is quite different than your blog persona. You are excellent on camera. Oh, yeah. I forgot you are an actor. I just wish I could have some of your curly hair. When you have your won show, I want to at least be in the audience...lol.

Beth said...

You do have pretty amazing hair. I watched the video twice, just to stare at it. (in a totally healthy way.)

- Signed the girl with stick straight won't hold a curl hair.

California Girl said...

Congratulations! My husband &I enjoyed your segment. Yes I made him watch just like I make him listen when I read your posts out loud. YOU'RE A STAR. And your hair was "perfect".

SkippyMom said...

Maybe if they do another restaurant show they will ask you back. Like an annual thing, perhaps? Or a restaurant series could pick you up like an Andy Rooney commentator to do a weekly bit on serving/restaurants. That would be great.

The thing is - with a name like bitchy waiter, plus your specialized niche they might not see potential beyond talking about a server's eye view of their job [or think you could/would do that].

Just a thought - because I did really like the bit you did on CBS on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I feel the same way! Thanks for getting our feelings out there, when we can't say it to their face!!!

Cool Beans said...

Great segment! I've been a reader for a long time, but never commented. I'm a manager and two of my best friends are servers... you inspired us to start our own bitchy restaurant blog. Thanks for the inspiration, and love the stories! Keep it up!

foxpen said...

Wow, your TV self is different then what I think of you as I read your blog. Neither are bad opinions, but I expected a bit more snark from you on TV. Still, like you said, family tv, and I guess you don't want to offend, just educate.

Nice job!

Gabriele Agustini said...

That was great!! I'm so happy that you're getting famouser and famouser! Gives me a chance to say, "I knew him when"!
Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family - and your readers.
Sending hugs ~

sarah said...

I posted on their facebook page to post it that I would love to see it featured! congrats I know I voted for you!